Friday, July 30, 2010

Keep It (Sur)real


Granted it has been slow. I need to find a day job, because being a vandal isnt paying my bills.
This is the most recent piece Ive done. Was having some "writers" block and decided to make a piece thats a nod to a great artist. Its also one of my favorite words...the placement came about as I was looking for a spot and the night I was cutting this I drove by this building I always pass, and noticed the sign. I thought it would be funny/ironic to put it there.
sur·re·al
adj.
1. Having qualities attributed to or associated with surrealism: "Even with most facilities shut down ... a few mavericks managed to slip into the park to sample the almost surreal emptiness before the shutdown ended." (Peter H. King).
2. Having an oddly dreamlike quality.
(courtesy http://www.thefreedictionary.com/surreal)

So anyways it was a pain in the ass to get up. Ive done most of my pieces nearby but this one was just in too plain of site. I didnt get a chance to add my tag to it as someone started walking over to where I was, I jumped in my car and drove away. Since I was behind my car its no big deal, they didnt see me actually do anything.

BTW Krink + Stucco = FAIL

Suggestions from a friend/fellow artist may lead to some variations involving fish.

This lasted about a week, its been covered. Guess they dont like irony at the sleep lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment