Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vice City




















As I was driving home I was reminded of a quote by Mr B...
"Imagine a city where graffiti wasn't illegal, a city where everybody draw whatever they liked. Where every street was awash with a million colours and little phrases. Where standing at a bus stop was never boring. A city that felt like a party where everyone was invited, not just the estate agents and barons of big business. Imagine a city like that and stop leaning against the wall - it's wet. "

I get that impression in Miami...its still illegal by all means...but I think most people just dont care. All my pieces that I had put up MONTHS ago are still there and intact. In that process there is now a wall in the design district that was dubbed "Ataraxia's Wall" by my traveling companion, as I have hit every side of it. (One side is the Obey piece which is pictured in a previous entry).


Only got up two of the three images, these are both one offs. I destroyed the first piece after painting it, so there would be no evidence (cops were everywhere in the area that this one was painted). The second got ripped as I was pulling the stencil off of the wall. A bit of overspray on the second, as well as Id have liked the tag to be closer to the legs. was using a fat cap and was in a hurry, but no excuses Im learning with each one...Stencilling is new to me and I have no one to show me the ropes. (For those who dont know, I have been doing free hand graffiti since I was ten. Im in no means great at it though (I suck at letter, Im good at characters), I went through a long and rough period where I wasnt able to make art)


No comments:

Post a Comment